Hello everyone. I have been following the reflector for about three weeks now, so I thought I would introduce myself.

I am Oscar, WV1C, formerly WN6NDG in 1969, who returned to ham radio in March after a 37 year layoff. I found, after a few weeks that I was just drawn back to CW, my first love, lo, those many years ago, and that is about all I have been working. I am getting my skills back very slowly, and still getting the hang of these "new-fangled" iambic keyers after having bug-use burned into my muscle memory from way back.

Anyway, about a month ago, I built a Logikey CMOS4 Keyer, and, well, the thrill of that thing actually working when I powered up was just indescribable (and with this group, I know I don't _have_ to describe it)!

So, I started thinking about what the next project should be at about the same time I read what a great receiver the K2 had.

To make a long story short, I arrived home today to find a huge box of parts that goes by the name of K2 #5630 and it will be a K2/100 with all the trimmings whenever I actually finish it.

I figured I'd better say hi now, because I will be paying very close attention from now on! The other reason I am saying hello now is that it is just too late to start building (or counting parts, at least) tonight, but I'm too excited to go to bed! I'm taking four days off for the 4th, so if I can get through some of my honey-do list early in the weekend, I'm hoping my wife will grant me a little time to get started on the K2! CANNOT WAIT!!!

Oscar, WV1C