Support for the K3/K3S will continue for a long time to come.
Consider that support for the legacy products - K2/K1/KX1 and XV transverters is still available and active - even if those products other than the K2 have been discontinued.

Support is different from availability of the product.

Although I am no longer "official", I do know that support for all the legacy products as well as the K3/K3S is continuing.

73,
Don W3FPR