Gareth --Maybe I missed this- But I have suffered thru the fun of SUB rx inbot
K3 anmd K3s ..

Maybe I missed it but I have never seen anything that says you can or cannot
hear a SIGNAL
in the SUB RX audio .All I have seen is you hear "noise" Forget all the ant
possibilities --

Fire up your K2 so you have a S9 signal in the shack on the MAIN and see if you
hear
a carrier from the SUB preferably in CW or USB/LSB so there is a beat note.
My K3 or K3S sub rx will hear a S9 50 uv signal on40 fed into ANT1 when SUB
switched to RX (My SUB ant is on BNC)
at 1uv into ANT 1 its ESP -my K3 is almost dead quiet with no ant and RF/AF
wide open (AF gain LO.)
I just checked and it made no difference if I switched the KRX3 to BNC or ANT

Just repeated the exact same on K3S and does exactly the same.

BTW when I assembled my K3 it was dead and it was a bad KXV3 module -which
Elecraft replaced virtually overnight .
Which reminds me seems like you have to cut some jumpers when you install a SUB
dunno if the guy you bought it from
did it himself or it came from factory.

If you dont hear any sig from the SUB -then its back to TMP cables or Filter
set up-connection or NB module pins etc .

Hank K7HP

Message: 11