"So here is what I determined: with 35 wpm dits (or dahs, it doesn't matter)
from the internal keyer in Full QSK mode, CONFIG TX DLY = 8 (normal), there is
a minimum of 5.6 ms between KEY OUT low and the first whiff of RF. I say
minimum, because there is a certain amount of jitter in the length of the
element, and the interval is sometimes a bit longer. The interval after RF
before KEY OUT goes high is similar."

I made similar measurements on my Kenwood TS-590S with a Rogol DS1054Z.
However, I also captured RX audio on one 'scope channel.   I found the limiting
factor for QSK was the time it took the receiver to recover after the internal
TR relay had switched.  The practical QSK limit for the TS-590S was about 26
wpm. Any faster than that and the receiver did not "open" between elements.

73,
Andy, k3wyc