From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Phil Kane
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2020 11:13 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Computer Monitor Recommendations

On 6/13/2020 8:54 AM, Mark Goldberg wrote:

>> I went with a 50" 4K TV (LG from Costco ~US$300) mounted to the wall
>> behind the operating desk.  If your computer can manage 4K video (or
>> even HD), LOADS of space to see (don't need my readers)
>
> I also installed a slightly smaller (43") LG 4K monitor from Costco on the
> wall. No EMC issues I can detect.

I recently had to replace my 6-year old failed monitor and I settled on
a 27" LG HD monitor  (the largest size that could fit on the desk)
because I didn't need 4K.  $159 at Costco.  It was the next-to-last on
the shelf.  The guy there said that large screen monitors were going
very fast because  the work-at-home folks were realizing that a 15"
laptop screen just doesn't cut it for all-day use.  No EMI that I can
detect by on-off testing (there's plenty from other nearby sources).

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon