Also we suggest setting the K3 Utility to the ADVANCED mode for more control.
Keith WE6R

On 6/15/2020 12:27 PM, Joseph McIntire wrote:
Ok wel will do that. I do not have the sub receiver so that makes it a little easier. I still have all the original paper work and manuals. I was going to print the latest manuals tonight. I know that there's options in there I don't have but most the functions updated by firmware should be in there. Thank you for your assistance

         Joe AB3JN

*From:* Keith Trinity WE6R <ke...@elecraft.com>
*Sent:* Monday, June 15, 2020 2:19:54 PM
*To:* Joseph McIntire <ki4...@msn.com>; elecraft@mailman.qth.net <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>; supp...@elecraft.com <supp...@elecraft.com>
*Subject:* Re: [Elecraft] Firmware, K3, large jump AB3JN
At this point, I would do the reset, then set RS232 to 38400 to continue on with the DSP load. (reset puts it at 4800 which is SLOW). Then Reset again after FP & DSP have loaded, if you have a sub, you will have to turn it on in config menu, then cycle power, then load DSP2.
Then a reset again after all FW is loaded.
Then you will have to setup filters, options and do the TX gain cal.
The K3 kit build manual has all of that. It will give you confidence you have a clean start.
Let us know ...
Don't forget to do a new configuration save when it is all setup!! (should you ever have to "go back").
Keith WE6R Elecraft Tech.