My YL and I spent today <<Sat.>> at Ft McHenry National Park in Baltimore
today. Took the KX1 with me and clamped the MP1 vertical to a picnic table
bench. Could have done better but was slap damb under a tree! I had the 7amp hr
and 11.1 volt LiPoly batteries with me and both of them worked good.

The folding chair that I have is very comfortable and heavy duty with a tray on
the right side. So I put the kX1 on the tray and away I went. Switched the the
KX1 to "B" mode for the keying and liked it very much. There is a closer park
here in town and still have been thinking of trying the 44ft inverted vee on a
pole for getting out better with the KX1 Gotta decide on the pole though first!
Been thinking of strapping the pole with a couple of bungee straps.

On the MP1 antenna the 16ft counterpoise works good for 20 and it is terrible
on 40 so I need to remedy that.

The real wonderful thing about operating at Ft. McHenry is NO NOISE on the
receiver. It is so quiet it makes you check to make sure you have a antenna
connected!! <g>
Paul, KD3JF
Glen Burnie, MD
FM19qd (Map Grid Square)