Good Evening,
The weather broke into Summer here in Oregon late last week. This Monday the temperature rose to 102 degrees Fahrenheit! It has moderated somewhat and daily highs have steadied to the mid-80s. Luckily our humidity is quite moderate here (~40%) so even the 102 degree temperature was not that bad. I had cracked the windows on my truck but the first few miles were fingertip driving only. The steering wheel was toasty. The Field Day hiatus was fun. I hope you all were comfortable and safe working through the pileups. I only fought off the hardiest of mosquitos since they don't have enough water to cycle through the egg to pupae to adult stages very easily. I keep water out for the deer, elk, Sam the cat, and the birds. However, I tip over each container when I see those nymphs wiggling around. I grew up in Wisconsin and donated gallons of blood to their many generations. I do not wish to repeat the cycle here! I managed to work a number of folks on both 20 and 40 meters last week and have been told the bands are holding nicely until the nighttime hours. Hopefully the solar stream we are experiencing will not cause too much noise and we'll be able to hear from coast to coast to coast. If you have the time, and the inclination, listen along or give us a holler.

    Please join us:
Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4pm PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0200z (Sunday 7pm PDT)  7045 kHz

Until tomorrow,