Victor,

Condolences on your KRC2 problem.

If you applied 10 volts to the processor, it is very likely toast.
Try to load the KRC2 firmware. If that succeeds, the processor is likely OK.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 6/25/2020 8:04 AM, Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP wrote:
Senility. I was trying to repair my KRC2, which had a damaged voltage regulator and one of the driver chips. I put the new regulator in backwards (yes, I did this) and as a result applied about 10v to the 5v microprocessor.

Now the voltage readings at the processor pins are very different from that specified in the manual.

1. Did I destroy the processor?
2. Is there a simple way to tell?

This is depressing, because it took about a month for the replacement driver chip to get here.