Thanks to TV for doing these.

I really think that while well intentioned, these recordings are "not much"
in terms of comparing the two radios (or even just the K4 alone), unless
you're an operator who is concerned about exactly the conditions
(parameters) which are being used for the recordings.

It's great to hear that "a neighbor" with a 65db over 9 signal can be
"handled" with ease.

I don't think many of us experience that scenario.

RM just asked for a "pile-up" simulation.  OK, that's good, but how well
will the recording be an honest representation of what a human with
headphones connected to the radio be?  I mean, you can't see what 4K Ulta
HD TV looks like by watching an example on an "older" TV.

I am more concerned about how the radio works under "contest" conditions;
that is, with many big signals on the band (not just one at 65db over 9)
while trying to pull out 4th tier signals in a pileup.  For me, that's the
test that matters.

I don't know how many guys on here are serious DXer or are serious
contesters.  For me, if the k4 can "pass the test" for the latter group,
then the receiver should be fine for everybody else.  Maybe FD will give us
an idea (if recorded as forecast).  But still, we are all listening through
a myriad of different devices to hear / observe what we hope to discern
about the K4 receiver.

Finally, while it is encouraging that Elecraft can provide some "hints"
about how to tweak the K4 to get to what TV is looking for, it is a
reminder that this is still a work in progress.

Patience is a virtue.

de Doug KR2Q
I have two K3 radios, original owner, both 3 digit SN, both "kit" form.