Hi Skip,

Conceptionally you're correct about rhombics and V-beams but your time frame is
way off.

Edmond Bruce's rhombic antenna patent was filed in 1931.

www.aktuellum.com/mobile/circuits/antenna-patent

ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=1685103

The heyday for the rhombic ran from the 1930s through the 1970s with
the advent of satellite communications. The 200 foot tower for my
40 meter stacked 3 element Yagis came from a decommissioned
Laport Rhombic installed at the NSS receive site in Cheltenham MD.
We removed it in 1985, but it hadn't been used for years.

73
Frank
W3