Mine took more than a couple of turns [9 to be exact] of the supplied flat cable right up next to the radio connector.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

On 7/17/2020 1:43 PM, Keith Trinity WE6R wrote:
I use about a 5 foot nice flexible old computer mouse cord.
Goes from the RJ 6-pin "Radio" jack on K-POD to bottom of K3 Front Panel.
I did NOT connect a wire to the one unused pin on either end, so you only need 5 wires. It works but I occasionally get RF into it on 80m as my antenna radiates into the house. "ERR KP1" shows in K3 display, sometimes it makes the frequency change.
A couple turns on a toroid  at each end did NOT help.
I suggest keep it as short as possible.
Keith WE6R Elecraft K3 Tech