Tom,

a few weeks ago the PA temperature of my K3 #1184 jumped between 32 and 41 degrees Celsius during receive, and the fans went on and off. The problem went away after dismantling the K3 completely for another problem and the fan/temp problem has vanished. Maybe some loose connector had caused the problem. Monitoring the PA temp can be the first step to solve the problem.

73s Steef PA2A

From: Tom Doligalski <w...@mac.com>
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] Cooling Fans

I am the original owner of K3/100 #969, which still works great.

I?ve noticed that recently the cooling fan comes on occasionally even if the radio is on, but not in use >>(volume down, no transmitting). FP temperature shows 41 C, and PA temperature is at 35 C

This is not at objectionable at all, but made me wonder if this was a cause for concern.

Any ideas?

Tom W4KX