Good Evening,

   High haze came in.  Better contrast would be nice because a comet looks like a stream of smoke.  Last night I found Neowise under the Big Dipper but it was noticeably fainter than two days before.  It will be visible in binoculars for another few weeks.

   Conditions were poor to OK.  QRN on twenty meters and a persistent ESP signal on forty meters.  I think I was trying to copy the noise.  The Midwest is hot and wet.  If you have a lawn of an acre or more you are continuously mowing it.  There are no breaks until the first frost.  Plus you have very healthy mosquitoes.  They always make a difference.

   Roy reported the hottest temperature at 105 while Brian was still in the coastal clouds at 60 degrees.  It got to 85 here on the mountain.  Even now it has not cooled very much.  The bugs want to invade here too.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K6XK - Roy - IA

NO8V - John - MI

K4TO - Dave - KY

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

WM5F - Dwight - ID

K6PJV - Dale - CA

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

Until next week stay cool, get on the air, and 73,

     Kevin.  KD5ONS

_

Antelope Freeway 1/64 mile.