When I worked in the aerospace industry it was common practice to use special
"pliers" for removing "Cannon" multi-pin round connectors.  These were not any
old plumber's pipe wrench (you know - the ones that plumbers use to destroy
chrome finish bathroom fittings) but a special tool designed for this purpose.
The jaws were rubber padded and exactly the right shape to match the connector
locking ring.

If a tool is need to secure a PL-259 then someone will have manufactured a
similar tool.  Can anyone point me to an advertisement or data sheet for one?
If not, I'll continue to use my fingers.

Andy, k3wyc