....and Victor 4X6GP wrote:
> Two radials is slightly less efficient than three or four,

With only one tuned radial you've pretty much got a dipole, just in a
slightly unconventional geometrical arrangement.

I've used three radials for SOTA-type activations, with the vertical
element supported by a fishing pole, but only on bands from 20 metres
up, and experience suggests the arrangement works best when set up in
the open. It certainly doesn't work as well when set up on a wooded
summit with lots of straight-trunked conifers all around...

--
73, Rick, M0LEP   (KX3 #3281)