On 2020-08-07 21:21:-0400, Bill Frantz wrote:
>With the manual online, and support for jumping to the relevant section, it
>will be better than what I have with the K3, where the manual is on my
>computer and I have to text search for the relevant section. The neat thing is
>that the online manual can be automatically updated with new versions of the
>firmware.

I agree with the idea that the online manual can be frequently updated, but so
can the PDF of the manual. I like both. I have found with other large projects,
that the online manual is not well-searchable, and is broken into sections, so
if I don't know what I am looking for, I can't find it. I have many frustrating
experiences with that. Also, with the PDF, I can make notes on the manual, as
long as it is not write-restricted. Some vendors secure their PDFs so that we
can't copy from the manuals or make notes, both of which are real handicaps for
the me, with the way I like to operate.

The online version will not be writable, in the sense that I can't make notes
in the relevant sections, but at least I should be able to copy from the web
pages. I find that I usually wind up with my own set of notes, because few
manuals are close to complete. Being able to copy from the manual makes that
much easier.

My experiences are also that online manuals tend to be less well-developed than
good quality paper manuals. I am still playing with a variety of methods for
accumulating notes, including printing occasional pages of online manuals to
PDF and adding them to my own PDF.