I read some discussion on this a while ago but could not find if it was ever
resolved.

If I wanted to connect my K3/0 Mini locally to my K3, can it be done just by a
cable (or cables) without having to use a pair of RemoteRig 1258MKIIs?

My K3 is in a rack a little distance away from my ideal operating position and
the K3/0 Mini sits nicely on my desk but it seems a bit of a faff to have to
use the two RR boxes connected via an ethernet cable.

Anyone know whether there was ever a plan for a ‘local’ remote connection?

Thanks. David G4NRT / Z21NRT