Is your radio set to DATA-A?

-de John NI0K
https://www.qrz.com/db/NI0K

Macka Murrah via Elecraft wrote on 8/20/2020 8:25 PM:
I am trying to get my K3S set up for Winlink using the Vara digital modem for
proper ALC operation.  When I set the drive using either the Windows sound card
slider, the Vara modem slider, or the Mic drive, I get no bars as I turn the
drive up from zero and suddenly I get 6 bars with the 6th and sometimes 5th
bars flashing,.  I do not see a progression from 1-2-3 bars, etc. until I reach
the desired 4 bars with the 5th bar flickering. I have a similar issue setting
the drive for FT8. Why can’t I get a smooth progression from no bars tp 4-5 as
I incense the drive?  I seem to remember no having this issue some time ago.

Message delivered to jasimm...@pinewooddata.com