On 2020-09-14 7:29 AM, Charlie T wrote:

However, implementing the pre-distortion function IS probably a
better long-term solution.

Pre-distortion on a 12V rig only hides the problem.  Any "home
station" rig should have 28/50 V finals *and* then one can make
it even cleaner with pre-distortion.  If necessary, use 50V
capable finals at 50W maximum output for 12V operation and
150-200 W output when a 48V supply is available.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV