Having solved the need for getting +Ve Tx Inhibit working on my KX3/10GHz
Transverter integration using a MOSFET switch to invert the logic level coming
from the 10GHz transverter and configured the KX3 for 0v Tx Inhibit, I had the
opportunity to test it out yesterday afternoon.

The solution seemed to work fine on SSB but I now have a weird issue when using
the rig on CW.

If I manually select transmit with the microphone PTT (didn’t try the XMIT key)
and then wait for the transverter sequencing to remove Tx Inhibit and then key
CW with the paddles, the system works as desired.

If I key the system using CW VOX, the Tx Inhibit functions correctly, fully
disabling the transmitter from producing RF until TxInhibit is removed by the
transverter’s sequencing logic BUT then the CW sidetone becomes permanently on
from the moment TXInh disappears, regardless of whether I am keying or not.  It
stays present until I press any of the buttons on the KX3.   This happens
regardless of which band is enabled, but occurs whenever TxInhibit is initially
present.

If I remove the TXInh fro the ACC2 GPIO input (but leave the option enabled in
the KX3 config) the rig operates normally under VOX control.

Can anyone else replicate this oddball behavior?  It seems to be a firmware
bug.  I have tried removing power from the KX3 but that does not correct the
anomalous behavior.

Again, all works just fine if I don’t try to key the paddles before PTT
sequencing has changed over.

Chris Cox, N0UK
Chris Cox, N0UK
chr...@chris.org