Mike,
I have a MX-P50M and when Keyed from the Keyline on ACC2 (on the Ring and
Sleeve of ACC2) works. The spec on the Keyline is 30V, 100 mA max, open
drain. If hooked up the two work fine, with the KX3 set to 5Watts.

However, I did blow the 2n7002 transistor that drains the Keyline at ACC2,
which I cannot attribute to the P50M. It was a PITA to replace, the
replacement of the MOSFET itself is easy, but peeling off all the stuff to
get to the underside of the KX3 RF board and putting all the layers back
together is a b*t**.

I now have a keying buffer that you can buy from RadioDan on eBay. The Kx3
plugs into the buffer, and the other end of the buffer plugs into to the
PX3. If you need more details, please just ask.

73 de k1jbd
Bammi

> Need a little help. I just bought a KX3 and have it working OK. I also
have a 45w amp that I would like to work with the kx3. However, with no info
on the keying line coming from the amp, I have no idea if its Ok to use. I
see in the Elecraft manual that the "keyline" and tip would be used to
connect to key the amp. I can't which of the sections on a TRRS jack to use.
Ring 2 or ring 3? Also  don't know how much current is on that amp key line.
Measured 15V DC when it is on and off measured 400 ohms, if that is any
help. Any one got any ideas on this? Thanks,  Mike