Frank,

Check the idling current: it should be 2 amps (keyed with no drive).

Gud luck, Roy   K6XK

My KPA1500 just started needing a lot more drive (2X) to get 'normal' output.  I normally need 25-30 watts drive to get ~1k out.  Now I need about 60W.  I get two kinds of alarms, depending on how I test the situation, either a red "Gain Low' or a yellow 'Input Pwr'.  If I drive with a steady 10w, I get a 'Gain Low'.  On cw, Just before cutting out, I can drive the amp with ~65w, get ~600w out, then get 'InputPwr" followed by Gain Low' and the amp cuts out.

Time to go back to the factory?

Tnx, Frank W2YK
_