From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Jim Miller
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 10:11 AM
To: Jim McDonald <j...@n7us.net>
Cc: Elecraft Reflector (elecraft@mailman.qth.net) <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K4 Headphones Q

I took a chance on the QC-35 while on sale and so far I'm pleased. I also
bought an accessory boom mike that plugs into the connector on the QC-35 and
so far that has worked well in OTA tests. My QC-15 no longer attenuates my
KPA1500 fans beyond just covering my ears with the cups so something has
gone wrong with those. The QC-35 are very effective. I use a ModMic with the
QC-15 which works very well and may substitute for the accessory mike if
that doesn't pan out.

The boom mike came with a much more rugged cable than the one which came
with the QC-35. I was concerned about the mike moving but with the shirt
clip I find it stays in place to my satisfaction. I don't know if it will
reject amp fan noise however. I'll have to try that today. The fan never
gets above speed 2 on SSB so not much of a challenge. The boom mike came
with a TRRS to dual TRS splitter which worked well on the back on my K3s.

The QC35 claims 40hrs of battery life when wired which is far more time than
I'll ever put in any contest so that isn't a concern. When unplugged it
becomes a Bluetooth set which I've paired with both my phone and PC.
That means that I no longer need a PC headset cluttering up my desk.for when
I want to do MorseRunner or listen to a Youtube session.

73 and stay safe!

jim ab3cv

delivered to e...@qrv.com