From: "Jim Spikes N4KH" <jimn...@gmail.com>
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: 20/10/2020 00:59:06
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA500 Transformer

Looking for details from anyone who resolved issues with excessive
transformer hum during transmit on a KPA-500.

I have a hum mitigation application note sent from Elecraft tech support.
But the procedure recommended is pretty involved - removing front/side
panels, un-plugging connections, removing the transformer, changing
positions of the rubber discs, and putting it back together. Possibly more
than once, depending on the results.

There is a risk of breaking something, and I'm not sure its going to solve
the problem if I'm successful. This is a new out of the box KPA500 kit.

If anybody has any lessons learned I would appreciate hearing them.

Jim, N4KH