Stan;

Please elaborate - what voltage is the HV dropping to?

We set up the factory-build units for the voltages at the factory. What you
encounter might be different, so you will need to go through the adjustment
exercise described in the manual on page 6 of the rev C3 manual (it might have
moved in other revisions of the manual). Also, make sure all the chassis screws
are tight, especially the ones holding the rectifier board, and you may need to
properly retighten the screw holding down the big transformer to get it to
quiet down.

Once you get all this taken care of, the KPA500 is a pleasure to use. But then
I’m biased…

The support guys have been really busy lately, but they will get back to you.
You might want to try a phone call to make sure.

73!
Jack Brindle, W6FB
Elecraft Engineering