The switches are surface mount and quite sealed. The surface mount on them is
not a problem the way they are soldered in. But ultimately, it seems like
Elecraft needs to replace them as to brand, model, in their production if they
haven’t already done so.
When I called for replacing pod number 2, I was told that this was extremely
rare and even not likely for someone to have two of them go this way. But with
a little persistence they sent me my third one. I think they are getting old in
the tooth now, so we should see more “rare” failures ahead. As of right now,
replacing the pc board for $120 is probably the way to go, with the hope that
the switches are a more reliable sort.
I, so far, went the way of just switching my most used macros to relatively
unused switches. Good for another almost year I hope.

Chuck KE9UW
c-haw...@illinois.edu

Sent from my iPad