Since I mostly use my KX3 at home with the PX3 and KXPA100, I have the
radio permanently connected to the audio of my computer. I have Voicemeeter
Potato installed, so my output is the computer's speakers (currently sent
to headphones), and the mike input comes from a Zoom H4n Handy Recorder in
USB interface mode. The radio doesn't supply power, the USB on the computer
does. If I had to hook it direct, I'd make a custom cable for the mike
input, XLR to 3.5mm, or at worst, 1/4" phono to 3.5mm. The H4n has, in
addition to built-in mikes, XLR in/out with integral 1/4" sockets. Then I'd
put batteries in the H4n to supply its power. The H4n also has a 1/4"x24
stud mount, so it can be connected to a tripod, a cold shoe for a video
camera, or a mike stand adapter to fit a standard mike stand or boom.
That's how I have it set up right now, with an On-Stage extendable arm,
clamped to the upright pipe of the wire rack next to my chair that I use as
my "shack stack".

The built-in stereo mikes are electrets, of course, but they're GOOD
electrets. The H4n is prosumer gear bordering on professional grade, with
VERY good sound. I get a lot of compliments on the SSB output of this setup.

73,
Gwen, NG3P