After seeing this report I pulled the Rev C PCB (the only PCB we have shipped
for this product) and took a good look at it, then looked at the docs and
finally the Gerbers for the board.
R12 and R13 on the KRC2 PCB are properly labelled. R12, closest to the
switches, is a 4.7K ohm resistor (yellow-violet-red) used to pull the RS232
line to -12V.
R13 is next to it, closest to the DE9 connectors is a 47 ohm resistor
(yellow-violet-black) and provides +12V power for the JFET.
The legends on the PCB and in Figure 10 of the KRC2 Rev C manual are correct.

Now, what caused you to think they were backwards? And, let’s make sure that
you do have a Rev C board in your KRC2.

73,
Jack, W6FB