In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Allan Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

snip

Whilst I am aware that Elecraft’s core market is in the US and Canada, I
think they are missing an opportunity to create a successful new product for
a very minimum of R&D effort. I think an Elecraft “XV70” would do well in
Europe as there is a lack of any competition for equipment on this rapidly
expanding band.  The XV series have very flexible interfacing and I am sure
would prove a popular way for stations to get on the band with their
existing HF transceiver.

It may even encourage a few more European VHF hams to go on and build a K2
as well!

Totally agree with Allan's post above. I am currently 'modding' my old 6m transverter back to 4m, but would buy an XV70 without hesitation.

Trev G3ZYY
--
Trevor Day
UKSMG #217