From: "Macy monkeys" <macymonk...@charter.net>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: 11/21/2020 9:53:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 purchase considered

Me neither. #586.

John K7FD

 On Nov 20, 2020, at 10:13 PM, Vic Rosenthal <k2vco....@gmail.com> wrote:

 Strange. I have K2 #725, which received various mods over the years, but I
never noticed anything like a loud pop, nor do I recall a mod for it.

 Victor 4X6GP

 On 21 Nov 2020, at 4:41, barry halterman <kthre...@gmail.com> wrote:

 I will throw my two cents in on this. Quite frankly, I do not see how a K2
 got the reviews it did over the years. I put one together in July to do
 something during lock down. After assembly, which was really a pleasure,
 and in two or three weeks after, I noticed a disturbing pop when tuning
 around strong cw stations. The s meter would jump to maximum signal
 strength and my ears took a beating with the loud pop!
 The rig went back to Elecraft for evaluation and I was told with this type
 of PLL circuit design, this is the nature of the beast. Having known this
 irritating pop is nature of the beast, I would have saved my money!!
 I want to say that Elecraft made a modification to help with the strong
 pops and I am very thankful for that and the the terrific service, but the
 pops are a big annoyance to me even with the suppressor.
 I still am evaluating if I want to keep this thing or put it up for sale.
 K3bo