Arkady,

Is Q3 properly seated on the heatsink with its thermal pad and mounting screw? That is the device which senses the temperature.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 11/30/2020 5:00 PM, Arkady via Elecraft wrote:
Hello,

I wonder if anybody had similar problem.
When I “run” I get fan starting running after 10-15 minutes. However after
another few minutes of running the fan will shuts down every time I press a key
( I am CW op). As a result the temperature of the PA goes higher and higher and
at certain point the PA shuts down. If I check the temperature reading through
temperature calibration in the menu I see that temperature reading jumping
force and back with range of readings 10 - 20C. That kind of erratic temp
reading continues even when temperature of the heatsink goes down. If let the
trcv to cool (overnight) the temperature readings are stable with range of
reading +- 1C.