> On Dec 2, 2020, at 9:23 AM, William Hein <b...@soundbusiness.us> wrote:
>
> Back to the phase locked receivers in the K4D. Does the K4HD retain this
> feature? I am wondering if the Superhet circuitry would mess up the phase
> coherence?

The HDR (superhet) module is phase-locked at the IF. At the LO injection it's
frequency-locked to a small fraction of a Hz. This results in very slow
(mutliple-second) phase precessing when using diversity mode, which in our
experience has no impact, given that atmospheric phase changes occur much more
rapidly.

> ...is there a way to bypass the K4HD Superhet circuits when not (for example)
> operating in a HF contest M2 or MM?

Yes. There will be a top-level control for this purpose.

73,
Wayne
N6KR