I think you just proved my point. The KAT3A does not have a lower power rating
for larger SWRs. That would indicate that it can handle the rated power over
the entire rated SWR range. If extreme SWR at full power would exceed the
component ratings, the specs would say that.

This is the entire set of specs for the KAT3A:

        • Maximum impedance match:  10:1 SWR
        • Maximum power handling:  110 watts

https://elecraft.com/collections/kat3a_model/products/kat3a-100w-atu

I just curious why people would think that Elecraft publishes specs that their
equipment does not meet. That is a pretty strong accusation.

No, I didn’t check out TLW, but I have a solid understanding of transmission
lines and conjugate matches, even though I only got a B- in my fields and waves
class at Rice.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood