To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2006 4:30 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] Palm Paddle Cube and Ultimatic mode

I am interested in the possibility of using the Palm mini - paddle and cube in Ultimatic mode as a portable key for my K2.

The UK distributor (W & S) has been very helpful but cannot find out from the specs whether Ultimatic is supported by the cube, but confirms that the Cubes in stock now now use a Jackson PK-4 chip in place of the PK-3. I have as yet had no reply from Palm in Germany - this may be because few people in Europe have heard of Ultimatic.

Can anyone confirm that the mini - paddle plus cube now supports Ultimatic, and if so, how it feels in practice in this mode?

Rob M0RAC
K2 3314

Robert A Cochrane
7 Lawn Terrace