The reason for this happening is simple. The list is configured so that
when you REPLY to someone's post, it only puts that person's email address
in the TO: line. You have to ADD the Elecraft reflector address to that
address line to send it to the list. Most people who send individuals
things meant for the Elecraft list do not notice that this is happening, or
don't know how to fix it.

Perhaps we need to ask Elecraft to change the settings on the list, so
replies to a post ON the list is directed TO the list, instead of to the
person who initially posted it. Case in point, even though Joe posted this
to the list, my reply only has Joe's address on the TO: line. I will have
to add the list's address to it. I usually also remove the poster's
address, as there's no reason to send it to both addresses. Look at the
address headers in anyone's post to the list. The Reply-To: line shows the
poster's address. Not the Elecraft list.

So, Joe, this is not someone's deliberate attempt to annoy you, nor do they
somehow think you work for Elecraft. They don't. It's 95% certain that they
didn't intend to reply to only you, that they really wanted to post it to
the reflector. But they either didn't know or notice this was how the list
was configured, they didn't know how to fix it, or both. So yelling at them
isn't necessarily going to fix the problem. Reconfiguring the list so
replies go TO the list WILL.

I've run enough mailing lists and such over the past decades since such
things existed that I've seen this happen countless times. It's a list
configuration issue. Not an interpersonal one.

73,
Gwen, NG3P