Hey guys, thanks for all the pointers.  Joe 4X1RV emailed me a link to a guide
to K2 updates compiled by LA3ZA that seems to be pretty comprehensive.  Looks
like I have some research and studying to do.
https://la3za.blogspot.com/p/la3za-unofficial-guide-to-elecraft-k2.html
I was marginally aware of some of the updates, but what spurred my interest was
stumbling upon an Elecraft page for the K60XV option which listed a number of
prerequisites I don't have and wasn't aware of.  The page doesn't look current
(second bullet says no CW on 60m) and I haven't found the option as being
available on the website.  I'm not greatly interested in 60m with my K2...is
was just one of those rabbit holes I stumbled into.

https://elecraft.com/pages/k60xv-upgrade-information
https://ftp.elecraft.com/K2/Manuals%20Downloads/E740069%20K60XV%20man%20rev%20B.pdf
Anyway, my K2 is working FB for my purposes so is not in desperate need of
fixes or improvements.  It's just something I'm looking at.   I mean, who
doesn't want to make their K2 the best it can be?
TNX Lou W7HV
    On Sunday, January 3, 2021, 8:46:54 PM MST, Douglas Hagerman via Elecraft