I recently purchased a P3 and connected it to my K3.  The installation shares the RS232 connection with a Microham USB interface III for digital operation.  I used a Y cable to connect both of these units simultaneously.
That is the *WRONG WAY* to connect a K3, P3 and Computer.

Connect the RS-232 plug from microHAM USB III to the "PC" jack
on the P3.  Connect the XCVR jack on the P3 to the RS232 jack
on the K3.  Set the K3 RS232 RATE to 38,400 and set the CAT
Rate in your logging software to 38,400 as well.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-01-04 3:28 PM, MICHAEL SMITH wrote:
Gentlemen:

I recently purchased a P3 and connected it to my K3.  The installation shares the RS232 connection with a Microham USB interface III for digital operation.  I used a Y cable to connect both of these units simultaneously.

I find I cannot run both at the same time.  If I do, the P3 does not display the frequency at the top of the screen, and does not display the band-pass of the VFO A.  Each unit will run separately with full function.

Has anyone else experienced this interaction?  Were you able to adjust the connection to allow full function of both units?  How did you do it?

73, Mike Smith
K0CCM

Message delivered to rick.n...@gmail.com