What I’m suggesting is that AFTER you have your ground rods and perimeter
ground and bonding to house ground and arrestors on the coax, you add a way to
automatically disconnect the wires that are locally connected to the radio.
Basically the same as disconnecting the connectors but without wearing them out.

It would “only” be there to protect against induced current in the short runs
of wire in the shack. I know lots of people who disconnect their antennas here
in Colorado in the summer, but I bet that not many people disconnect everything
every time they walk away from the radio.

Doug, W0UHU.