Happened to me a couple of times, I tell them ... with a big grin ... that I'm "ET incognito calling home." Reactions have been varied

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

On 1/18/2021 4:45 PM, Mooneer Salem wrote:
Hi Fred,

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 4:31 PM Fred Jensen <k6...@foothill.net> wrote:

There is another disadvantage to portable mag loops ... in a public
place, you may find yourself speaking with a law officer, it seems there
a number of folks that will call the cops on on the guy with headphones
sitting at the picnic table in the park.😉

Fortunately I've never had that issue but I did get a fire truck pulling up
next to me at Fiesta Island here in San Diego once (with one of the
firefighters being interested in my full size 20 meter vertical and asking
questions about my radio setup). That was pretty cool.

(MFJ ~17' telescoping whip screwed into a Buddipole Versa-Tee + 1-2 raised
radial wires cut to quarter wavelength at 20 meters. With a KX3 driving it,
of course.)

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ