You do not need a computer - just use a usb to ethernet server such as Silex
DS-510 (USB2 to Gigabit) or DS-600 (USB3 to Gigabit).  I am using them and I
can remotely access the KPA500 and KAT500 without using a computer in the
shack.  You may need a RS232 to USB adapter in addition for the KPA500 that has
a serial port.

My setup:
K3 Twin setup using Remoterig RRC1258
ICOM IC-9700 with RS-BA1 software for remoting

KAT500 —> KXUSB cable —> USB Hub
KPA500 —> Serial cable —> Prolific 4 serial port adapter —> USB Hub
KXPA100 —> home made KXSER —> Prolific 4 serial port adapter —> USB Hub
IC9700 —> CI-V USB adapter —> USB Hub
Wavenode watt meter —> USB Hub
Green Heron RT21 —> USB Hub

USB Hub —> Silex DS-600
LP Pan —> EMU USB Sound adapter —> Silex DS-600

The DS-600 has two USB ports, one ethernet port, and a power port.

You run a utility supplied by Silex in the remote operating computer that
brings all the USB ports as if they were directly connected.  Everything just
works including sound cards, serial ports, etc.

Raj, N2RD