Those of you who saw Eric's Friday presentation got a brief look at one part of
our K4 remote control effort -- a 100% emulation of the K4 front panel called
Virtual K4, or "VK4" for short. (Yes, it would even work on Fitzroy Island if
you had an internet connection.) This is in addition to direct K4-to-K4 control.

Th VK4 application will eventually run on multiple platforms, including pads
and laptops. It will support direct touch as well as mouse control, including
the very useful mouse wheel for adjusting simulated rotary controls. We're
fleshing out the various data streams including audio, panadapter, and CW
keying. Of course third-party developers are free to create their own
interfaces using the K4's extensive remote-control command set.

If you missed it, here's a directly link to the Virtual K4 concept drawing. You
can also get to it on our K4 page, in the "K4 Updates" section.

    https://ftp.elecraft.com/K4/virtual_K4_app.jpg

(The sharp-eyed will notice a few features in the app that don't appear on the
K4 front panel itself.)

If you have comments or suggestions, feel free to send them to me directly or
discuss on your favorite list.

Note: In general we post everything of interest to the primary Elecraft
reflector (this list). Postings to other lists may be more sporadic, so be sure
to check here as well.

73,
Wayne
N6KR