As the originator of this thread I would like to comment on the answers
received so far.

There have been suggestions that:
1. You can’t do it, except by using a quadrant monitor which can accept say 4
inputs!
2. You can achieve a similar result by using the N1MM Spectrum Display!
3. You can do it with a bit of easily available splitter hardware!
4. You can achieve a similar result by using an SDR display with your K4!
5. You can maybe do it by using some additional software – possibly the K4RV
remote software currently in development?

It seems to me that it would be a really good idea if Wayne or someone else
from Elecraft could please clarify the situation and possibilities?

For completeness, my original question was:
I wonder if it is possible to show the K4 panadaptor(s) display as a separate
floating window on the external monitor?
So that for example you could have your logging program windows open as well as
a separately floating K4 panadaptor display showing on the same monitor.
73 Ray G3XLG

73 Ray G3XLG