This is where Fred Cady’s book “The Elecraft KPA500 Amplifier and KAT500 Tuner”
really helps out. It has an excellent discussion about using the KPA500 with
two radios (but not at the same time…).
The RF paths need to be switched with a good RF switch, making sure that very
little signal from the transmitter gets through to the *other* transceiver’s
receiver. Depending on the radios, it is possible for an Elecraft radio to use
the PTT line in the AUX I/O connection, and the other radio to use the RCA jack
PTT. You have to be very careful with this, however. Modern radios output a 0 -
5 volt signal on their Key output, grounding the output for transmit. This is
exactly what the KPA500 is looking for, although the non-transmit level can
simply float (all Open-Collector). It is the ground to transmit that is
important.
Older radios may have a signal that far exceeds these levels, for example the
old tube-type radios using grid-block keying may put a large negative voltage
on the PTT output. This will not do well in the KPA500 circuitry. In this case
the radio should drive a relay that keys the amplifier.

So, yes it is quite possible to have the KPA500 driven from more than one radio
through a selector switch. You just have to do it right. A copy of Fred’s book
can show you the way.

73!
Jack, W6FB
And yes, I still really miss Fred...