Hi everyone! I’m new to the list and to Elecraft radios and HAM in general.
Thanks for bearing with me while I learn!

I picked up an unassembled K3 at an auction three weeks ago. It’s been sitting
in a box with most of the boards sealed in their anti-static bags since 2009.
I’ve hit a snag and I’m hoping someone here can help.

I have the rev B RF board and I’m doing the manual’s resistance tests. Voltage
regulators U12 and U13 are both supposed to test at > 150 ohms. U12 passes but
U13 tests at 87 ohms. This unit has never been powered up so I suspect it has
to be a bad regulator. I can solder a board just fine and assemble PCB’s but
I’m not overly comfortable with hardware debugging. Anyone have any ideas how I
should proceed? Do I just replace the regulator? Do some other debugging?

Thanks!
73
-Adrian
KJ7SOY