I should have mentioned that the K4 also has a panadapter noise blanker that's
very effective. It removes pulse noise that would otherwise cause the
panadapter noise floor to rise, where it might obscure weak signals.

The display NB can be turned on automatically at the same time that the
receiver blanker is turned on (AUTO setting), or turned on/off manually. Either
way, the level settings for the display and receiver blankers are independent
and per-band.

While recording the noise sample I just provided, I had the display NB on as
well. It knocked the noise level on the panadapter down by about 20 dB. Weak
signals could be clearly seen.

73,
Wayne
N6KR