The accuracy and features of KX2 and KX3 RTCs are not good.  What you report is
likely better than typical.  This is in spite of the use of a full-featured
clock/calendar RTC chip.

I have never figured out how a $10 Casio watch will often gain or lose less
than two seconds per month, yet Elecraft RTCs are exceptional if they perform
that well after a single day.

I also don't understand why Elecraft RTCs don't use a 2032 cell capable of
keeping them alive for many months with external power removed.

The Elecraft RTC is essentially a "token" RTC from which not much should be
expected.

Mike / KK5F