Not to start a flame war about N vs UHF connectors, I prefer N and
built my KPA500 and Hardrock 50 amps with them. My KX3 remains BNC,
and any cable I have that is disconnected often is a BNC, sometimes
with a BNC male to N female adapter, which are really common. No one
but Hams still use PL259/SO239 connectors. The flange type four screw
panel mount connectors are interchangeable. Change them back if you
really want to. I now have really good interconnects with N connectors
on my radios, switches and amplifiers. Since Hams don't like them, you
can find really cheap, really good cables with N connectors at
Hamfests, whenever they come back again. By good, I mean double
shielded or heliax cable. It makes a big difference in terms of RF
leakage compared to the 75% braid crap if you have multiple radios. I
also make my own cables with real Amphenol (and other good brand)
connectors.

I've found surplus heliax cables from Cell Tower installs and test
setups made of the really expensive Gore Teflon cable for pennies on
the dollar. Real Amphenol silver plated connectors and adapters are
common, also very reasonable.

73,

Mark
W7MLG