Gregory Beat wrote:

>Grumman used the TCP irons for the Lunar LM construction in 1960s; Collins
for the "S" line production and rework stations in 1960s and 1970s and NASA
in 2002 used a Weller WTCPT pencil (tied to station's 24 VAC bus) on ISS
Alpha for soldering tests in microgravity.<

A very informative post...Thanks, Greg...

I own one of those Grumman soldering stations...The company let me keep it when
I retired in 1993 and it is still in use today...It is at least 35 years old
and works perfectly...

Jerry, wa2dkg