From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of ae...@carolinaheli.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 09:50
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] [OT] Ham Radio near high voltage power lines?

Just moved to a new QTH and there are high voltage power lines cutting
across the corner of our property running NW direction. The house is on the
East side of the lines.

Is it reasonable to expect good operability or is it a wash? I don't want to
go through the troubles if I'll just be frustrated.

Was looking to do a 60' tower for the high bands (I'll still be below the
lines height wise), multiband vertical (low bands 80/40/30) , and
dipole(80/40).

Vertical is planned to have 60 or more radials.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry D. Moore aka AE4PB

Message delivered to hamsh...@n4st.com